Welcome to the NSW Rural Medical Family Network
The NSW Rural Medical Family Network (RMFN) supports the recruitment and retention of medical and health professionals in rural NSW by addressing the unique needs of their spouses and families. It also offers assistance to medical students interested in experiencing rural general practice.
RMFN is a not for profit, non government organisation with around 900 members. It is funded by, and operates as a committee of, the NSW Rural Doctors Network (RDN). Whether you're a rural medical family of many years or just starting out in country life, RMFN will support you with:
- Great family programs at RDN's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) conferences.
- Seasonal newsletters ‘Rural Family Rustlings’.
- Crisis assistance for rural doctors and their families who are stressed or ill.
- Meet & Greet gatherings.
- A friendship network (Bush Friends) to lessen feelings of loneliness and isolation experienced by some rural families.
- Free membership to RMFN for spouses and families of rural medical and health practitioners.
RMFN - Helping to meet the needs of NSW rural medical spouses and their families.